Hardwood flooring adds beauty, elegance, and warmth to any room. It lasts much longer than most other types of flooring and adds resale value to your home. Advances in technology have not only improved the way hardwood floors look, but have made them easier to take care of and longer lasting.
No matter what species, color design you want in your wood floors, Just Around the Corner has you covered with hardwood in St Louis, MO. Still wondering if wood floors are right for you?
JATC Hardwood Floors:
- are hypoallergenic.
They trap less dust, pollen, and bacteria than other flooring types.
- should never have to be replaced, when maintained properly.
- are timeless.
With the warmth and natural tone they bring to a home, their staying power is endless.
- can be refinished to hide damage.
Other flooring types aren’t so easily repaired.
- can be maintained with just occasional sweeping or vacuuming.
To keep its original luster, use wood cleaner with terry cloth.
Now that you’ve decided to go with wood flooring, you need to decide if you want to use prefinished hardwood, unfinished hardwood, or hand scraped hardwood flooring. We offer all of the best flooring brands, including Mohawk, Shaw and Bruce hardwood floors — along with a host of other product lines.
Just Around the Corner was a pleasure to work with. They did a superb job on my floors, and made the process so much easier than I thought it would be. All of the staff are very professional, informative, polite and take pride in their work and the end result. The crew was always on time and always cleaned up after their work. I am so happy that I chose them for my flooring project. I have already recommended them to friends and family. Karen M.
Wide plank flooring features hardwood planks 3 inches or more in width. Long popular in country farmhouses, wide plank floors are quickly becoming one of the most popular choices in flooring for their timeless style and durability. Because wide plank flooring is available in virtually limitless combinations of species, color and finish, it’s an appealing option for homes ranging from rustic to modern.
Wide Plank Floor Advantages
- Versatility: From farmhouse to beach house, Craftsman to Victorian, no matter the style of your home, there’s a species, color and finish combination that’s right for you
- Value: Wide plank floors are available in a wide range of prices, and installation costs are typically lower than for strip flooring
- Easy to Clean: Wide plank floors are easily cleaned with only occasional light sweeping, mopping or vacuuming
Just Around the Corner carries an unbeatable selection of factory finished and unfinished wide plank floors for customers in St. Louis. Learn more about how wide plank flooring can add style and value to your home with a free no-obligation estimate.
Prefinished hardwood flooring is one of the most popular choices for its convenience, affordability, and durability. Hardwood floors don’t need to be an inconvenience to install. Let Just Around the Corner, a flooring retailer in St. Louis, make the selection and installation quick and easy.
Prefinished hardwood flooring advantages:
- Installation is a quick process when you do not have to sand then wait while stains and sealants dry.
- No sanding involved. Sanding gets quite messy and though we do clean up after ourselves on unfinished floors, not having to sand saves a lot of time.
- Stains and sealants can leave an odor in the air and do take time to dry between coats.
- Since there are no stains and sealants involve in installation, furniture can be placed on the floor immediately after installation.
- Installation is cheaper since it involves less on site work.
- Factory applied finish treatments use very powerful chemical sealers, that are not available to on site installers. This makes them slightly more impervious to stains, and moisture.
- You’ll know exactly what the finished product will look like before installation.
We have a vast array of prefinished products available. If you would like a price per square foot on a particular brand, give us a call. If you would like to obtain an installed price, we’ll need to review your project on-site, in which case we can provide you with a FREE written estimate for your hardwood flooring product & installation in the St. Louis area.
Unfinished hardwood flooring is unfinished wood flooring that is first installed, and then sanded and finished on site. Finishing hardwood on site makes it easy to match the newly installed product to existing hardwood or furniture. This is great for those trying to create uniformity throughout the home.
While unfinished hardwood can be more time-consuming and costly to install than prefinished hardwood, the advantages can’t be denied.
Unfinished hardwood flooring advantages:
- Versatility to choose any finish and stain color in order to create the unique style you desire.
- The design and color can also be customized to match existing wood surfaces.
- Sanding the planks once they are in place and finishing them together creates a uniform, even floor. There are no gaps between planks like in prefinished floors.
- Sanding also enables us to create borders, hardwood inlays, and other elements to match the flooring.
- Unfinished hardwood flooring has a handmade look and feel that you just can’t get with prefinished flooring.
With Just Around the Corner, the options for unfinished floors are endless. We’ll need to review your project on-site in order to quote you a price, but the estimate is completely FREE. Contact us today and let Just Around the Corner in St. Louis, MO create your dream floors.
Hand Scraped Hardwood
Are you considering hardwood flooring, but worried about your pets and children damaging it? Most hardwood will show scratches, scuffs and dents. The answer is to have Just Around the Corner install hand scraped wood flooring.
Hand scraped products are created with a beautifully distressed look. Showing a natural kind of wear, it will hide any future scrapes dents or dings but still has the modern finishes that protect the floor from any real harm.
Just Around the Corner’s hand scraped hardwood floors are perfect for families who are harder on their floors. Large dogs and small children will have no noticeable effect!
Best yet, since the floors are finished on site, hand scraped comes with all of the versatility advantages that unfinished hardwood does!